Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm comfortable with bikinis but would not appear in nude: Deepshikha

I'm comfortable with bikinis but would not appear in nude: Deepshikha

I`m comfortable with bikinis but would not appear in nude: DeepshikhaSexy and intelligent actress Deepshikha, who has turned a producer-director and is making her own film Yeh Dooriyaan with model Kaishav Arora as her leading man, tells Jyothi Venkatesh when he meets her at her office in the suburbs, that her film Yeh Dooriyaan is about the bonding of three women, like 3 Idiots was about the bonding of three boys.

Is it true that you hail from a filmi family?
Yes. Not many are aware of the fact that my mother Shraddha Panchotia and grandfather Vithaldas Panchotia were producers. It was my grand father who had given a break to actors like Mehmood and Ashok Kumar.

My mother was also into acting as well as politics while my father Ashwini Kumar Nagpal was a writer as well as a hero as well as director. My uncle Rajendra Panchotia was a cinematographer.

What made you take up direction?
I had always wanted to be behind the camera and frankly never ever thought of being an actor. I'd say that it was by default that I had become an actress with Devsaab's Gangster.

Even when I was acting on the sets of any serial or film, I used to observe the director and the other technicians at work instead of sitting idly and gossiping. When I met Devsaab recently, he told me that I should have launched myself as a director, long back.

What kind of films do you want to make as a director?
I like content oriented films which are told in a very simple language, like Mahesh Bhatt, Farhan Akhtar etc do. My script has content as well as message for society at large.

I am driving home the subtle message that though it is very important to be a part of the race, winning the race is not important, especially because there is only one life time. Mine is a message oriented commercial film.

Is it true that Deepak Tijori refused to direct your film?
I confess that I was so naïve that I did not even know how to register my script when I finished writing it. I wrote my script from my heart; though I may not be technically savvy.

It is true that I wanted Deepak Tijori to direct my film initially but he told me that he was busy with a film which he was slated to direct for Vikram Bhatt but goaded me and pushed me to take up direction myself.

Why did you not cash in on your celebrity status and seek outside producers to launch your film?
A lot of people did approach me when they came to know that I was planning to produce and direct a film and offered to produce the film because they were new and wanted to establish themselves but I have my own way of working and a name in the industry and hence I decided to produce it on my own.

How did you zero in on Kaishav and cast him in the role of the leading man?
My hero Raj is a good looking model. Kaishav who had shot with Celina for a film, which has not taken off, told me that he was also planning to launch a film as a producer and was on the look out for a good script and expressed his desire to join hands with me to produce the film.

I got the feeling that the script was destined to take a good shape as a film. I am happy that I cast Kaishav. With a new boy, I can at least mould him the way I want him as a director. Good or bad, the film is my baby and hence I am handling almost all the departments.

Is it true that you figure in the Limca Book of World Records?
Yes. I have been selected by the Limca Book of World Records, because, besides writing the story and the screenplay and dialogues, I am not only producing the film but also directing it and acting in it, and looking after the costumes and choreography. I am also the E. P of my film.

Why did you cast yourself in the film instead of opting for a saleable name?
I suit the character that I am playing in my film because I needed an actress who looks like she is 25 even though she is 35. To tell you the truth, I wanted to cast an actress like Priyanka Chopra in a film like that of mine, but tell me why would Priyanka agree to do a film for me, especially when I am not a producer like Saif Ali Khan that corporate companies will flock to me to back my film.

People who watch my film will be able to relate to it and connect in a big way because it is a very metropolitan subject.

Tell me more about your role in your film!
I play the role of Simi, who is running a dance academy. If 3 Idiots was a film about bonding of three men, my film is about bonding of three women. Chitraashi and Delnaaz Irani play the other two friends of mine. My film is about the life journey of Simi.

How did you prepare for your character?
To prepare myself for the character of Simi, I lost 6 kgs. I even told Delnaz not to loose weight to compete with me. I have even worn a bikini in my film for the first time. I am comfortable wearing ganji and shorts and do not mind wearing a bikini on the sets but would not appear in the nude even if any scene demands it because I know my own limits.

Have you become disillusioned with men after you divorced your husband Jeet Upendra for the second time?
I confess frankly that though I do miss a companion in life and have not looked for the right man after my divorce, I have not become disillusioned with men, because I am at peace with myself and do not at all have any regrets in life.

Today I am happy with my life because I am not answerable to any one, since society does not come forward to feed me.

Do you feel that you have not got your due as an actress till date?
I feel that I have not been actually exposed as an actress as yet, as far as my potential is concerned. Luck counts a lot.

Though I have acted with stars like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Sunny Deol, Bobby Deol and also directors like David Dhawan, Rakesh Roshan, Abbas Mustan etc, I confess I have made mistakes as an actor by doing character roles in the initial stage of my career, instead of seeking roles as a leading lady.

However, all said and done, I have no regrets because even today people like Salman Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan etc treat me with utmost respect, and though several actresses have come and gone in Bollywood, I have survived, without being a part of the rat race.


Deepshikha Wallpapers
DeepshikhaDeepshikha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Afridi