Friday, April 2, 2010

Sleep to lose weight, just like me: Vidya Balan

Sleep to lose weight, just like me: Vidya Balan

Sleep to lose weight, just like me: Vidya BalanPost Paa and Ishqiya Vidya Balan has become 'hot cake' in Bollywood. In town to flag off Airtel Kolkata Marathon 2010, the actor speaks to Sreya Basu on her new avatar.

With two hits back-to-back, you are back in full swing!
I didn't go anywhere so as to be back! (Smiles) I know what you mean. You won't believe, I still can't get over Paa. As for Ishqiya, God is being too kind to me these days.

I am being offered roles where I can learn a lot, as well as strain myself to get the actor out of me.

You have always been appreciated in films that need actors and not heroines…be it Parineeta, Paa or Ishqiya. Do you agree?
I don't know. That's for the audience to tell…in which roles they want to see me. But yes, character-based roles are always tempting for an actor. But then, I equally enjoy lighter films like Heyy Babyy and Laage Raho Munnabhai.

Your on and off screen dresses have always dragged attention…
Say 'negative attention'. I really don't understand what's there to fuss about so much! On screen, we trust the directors on how to handle and dress up our characters. Off screen, I just love being myself.

But these days, you are looking great…especially, having lost so much weight!
Thanks. You know, after years of torturing myself, I have finally trying to lead a better and healthier lifestyle.

What do you mean by 'tortured' yourself?
In order to lose weight, I used to starve myself for 12-14 hours at a stretch; didn't sleep enough.

And now?
Now I eat every two hours; sleep for eight hours when I can or at least 5-6 hours when shooting. You know, there's a myth that sleep makes you fat. But I can now confidently say 'Sleep to lose weight'. Sleep is a very very important part of being fit.

What about workouts?
I generally work out 4-5 times a week for 45 minutes to an hour. Mostly I do calisthenics (strength training); at times I run on the beach or jog on the spot. The funda is to enjoy your sweating out.

Owning an IPL team is quite an 'in' thing in Bollywood these days. Ever thought of getting your franchise?
I am not a cricket buff. So hard luck!


Vidya Balan Videos
Viday Balan Honored
Viday Balan  Honored
Time: 02:18
Views: 13887
Vidya's Kismat Konnection Shoot
Vidya
Time: 03:29
Views: 38864
Vidya on Sajid's Superstars
Vidya  Balan on Sajid Khan
Time: 03:00
Views: 17456
Vidya Launch Good Morning Tea
Vidya  Balan at the launch of Good Morning Tea
Time: 01:33
Views: 21797

Vidya Balan Wallpapers
Vidya BalanVidya BalanVidya Balan

Vidya Balan Gallery
Vidya BalanVidya BalanVidya BalanVidya Balan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Afridi