Friday, April 2, 2010

Looking good is part of my job: Priyanka Chopra

Looking good is part of my job: Priyanka Chopra

Looking good is part of my job: Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra has won the top honour of the country but she insists that the accolade has not made much difference to her life.

“It has made me nervous, excited and happy, but changed my life? No, not really, ” Priyanka told in an interview.

The 27-year-old actress, who won the honour for her role in 'Fashion', is one of the youngest stars in the industry to have bagged a National award.

“I've reached this level on my own and when people say I am one of the youngest to get this award, that feels good.

People generally win a National award after a lot of experience, but I have spent only a few years in the industry.

It is a great sense of achievement and pride, ” she added.

Nervous and excited she might be, but the award has not put any burden on the actress. Priyanka is not afraid that she would have to live up to the expectations of critics and fans now that she has won the award.

“I live life on my own terms and try to push the envelope by taking up different kinds of films. My forthcoming 'Anjana Anjaani' is a romantic film, 'Saat Khoon Maaf' is with Vishal Bhardwaj, then 'Don 2' will be an action flick. I like mixing up my roles, surprising people and myself, ” said Priyanka, who was in the capital relaunch four body wash variants from Lux.

Although she has to look prim and proper while she is in front of the camera, the former Miss World confessed she is not fussy about her looks when she is not working.

“Looking good is part of my job, but I'm not very conscious about it. When I am not working, I believe in being natural. I don't like getting dressed all the time and wearing heavy make—up. I have very simple taste and being subtle is my mantra, be it in clothes or jewellery, ” said Priyanka.

Putting her first step in Bollywood in 2003 with 'Andaaz', Priyanka has come a long way in her seven-year-old acting career with three filmfare awards and one national award to her credit and her career has a top priority in her life.

“My work is my priority. I don't have much of a life besides my work. I have my family beside me always and then I have my work, nothing else is important to me now, ” said Priyanka.

She does not have a family supporting her in the film industry but that has not stopped Priyanka from securing a top position.

“I can call myself a self-made woman, with the help of my family. I have reached here on my own, and I am very grateful and lucky to have got the opportunity to work with some great filmmakers, ” said Priyanka.

Besides having three films in the pipeline, Priyanka is all set to host her first TV show “Khatron Ke Khiladi 2' and is also associated with a number of charitable causes.

How does she juggle among so many things?

“I am a multitasker, all women are very good at it. We just have to put our minds to it. Men just cannot multitask, very few of them can. But when I do something I have to do it well. I kill myself to make sure I do it the best, ” said Priyanka.


Priyanka Chopra Videos
SRK-Priyanka Tagged
SRK-Priyanka Tagged
Time: 03:19
Views: 33053
Priyanka-New Lux Girl
Priyanka-New Lux Girl
Time: 01:04
Views: 14660
Priyanka Endorses J Hampstead
Priyanka Chopra endorses J Hampstead clothing Line
Time: 02:10
Views: 12212
Priyanka's Crystal Shine
Priyanka
Time: 02:27
Views: 22842

Priyanka Chopra Wallpapers
Priyanka ChopraPriyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra Gallery
Priyanka ChopraPriyanka ChopraPriyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Afridi